A broken finger is better than a broken hip.................
Led Zeppelin has postponed a one-off comeback concert in London because guitarist Jimmy Page has broken his finger, the promoters have announced. The injury happened last weekend and Page will not be able to play guitar for three weeks, a statement quoted a specialist as saying. "I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks," said Page, 63."We feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."The concert will now take place on December 10 and all tickets for the original concert on November 26 will be valid, a statement said. Led Zeppelin split in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham, who famously choked on his own vomit following a drinking binge, and last took the stage 12 years ago at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The three surviving members of the hard-rocking British band - Page, singer Robert Plant, and bassist John Paul Jones, will be joined by Bonham's son, Jason, on drums, for the concert. The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings, rock band Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also be performing. The concert venue takes up to 20,000 fans and many die-hard Zeppelin fans had organised trips from around the world to attend the concert this month.Tickets were allocated by ballot and more than 1 million fans registered for a chance to see the legendary rock group. The show will be a tribute to the late founder of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun, who signed the group in 1968.
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Josh Charles performs Geno's World's theme song!
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (1477)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
10/28 - 11/04
- AOL's top unsexy male stars list includes Ryan Phi...
- Perez Hilton says that Kiefer Sutherland looked dr...
- Hayden Panettiere talks to Access Hollywood about ...
- Led Zeppelin postpones concert due to Jimmy Page's...
- Britney Spears told to become a farmer.
- Jason Antone buzz!
- Dexter continues to impress.
- Links that don't have to live like refugees.
- Lance Bass did NOT marry a woman in 1999.
- "The Hills" is casting for Heidi and Spencer's wed...
- Britney Spears wants to have sex with Kim Kardashi...
- Links that come to see the show.
- Rachel Weisz is a cute Snow White.
- Eliza Dushku to star in new Fox series masterminde...
- Waitress refuses to serve Lindsay Lohan booze.
- Jennifer Aniston sees dead people.
- Links that are headstrong.
- Kiefer Sutherland says he will not sign autographs...
- Jennifer Lopez's career is sinking. Her child may ...
- New Oasis CD to have no lyrics?
- Jon Bon Jovi talks about being a drug pusher.
- Heather Mills kills dog.
- Links that look at the heart of the sunrise.
- Halle Berry's relationship with her abusive father...
- Would you rather shower with Peter Gabriel, The Be...
- Bill O'reilly's camera crew ambushes Rosie O'Donne...
- Justin Timberlake stiffs waitstaff, insults father...
- Links that like trouble and want more.
- Expose's Gioia responds to Paula Abdul's controver...
- Prince Harry spends $3,000 on booze in one night.
- Amanda Peet treated her husband like a slave and w...
- Paula Abdul calls American Idol excruciating and s...
- Is Britney Spears catching Tony Romo's passes?
- William Shatner can't believe he's not in the upco...
- Jewish group organizes to protest Halle Berry Jewi...
- Gretchen Wilson says airplane disturbance was all ...
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (36)
- ► 2006 (585)