Kristen Bell is a hot property. The former "Veronica Mars" star was courted by many networks. "Heroes" managed to snag Bell for a multi episode story arc for next season. Great news for both Bell & "Heroes" fans....
NBC is adding former “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell to the cast of “Heroes.”
Peacock has snagged Bell for a key multi episode arc of its sophomore sensation. Casting is a major coup for NBC since Bell -- who plays the title character in Judd Apatow’s upcoming “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” -- was reportedly being sought for several TV gigs, including a part on ABC’s “Lost.”
Bell will make her first “Heroes” appearance in October. She’ll play Elle, a character described as a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.’s past and the future of Claire. Elle will kick off her arc by committing a serious crime, though it’s unclear whether she’s good or bad.
“This was not easy to pull off,” said “Heroes” creator-exec producer Tim Kring. “But since we’re an ensemble show, with many arcs playing out through the year, we found a way to jump into a small window in (Bell’s) schedule.”
Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope also hinted that landing Bell wasn't easy, noting that "many studios (were) chasing her in both film and TV" and that she was happy that Bell "chose to star in our show."
Monday, August 20, 2007
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2015 (475)
- ► 2014 (2531)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
08/19 - 08/26
- Amanda Bynes says she's no Paris or Lindsay.
- Russell Crowe will make an appearance in "The Dark...
- It's a bird....it's a plane....it's Betty Thomas!!...
- Matt Damon's 1 year old daughter uses Vulcan nerve...
- Mandy Moore blogs from the road.
- Network Television baffles me.
- Blake Lewis signs record deal.
- Jennifer Aniston goes surfing.
- Britney Spears' sons break her dog's leg...alleged...
- Links that would give Richard Lewis a kidney.
- Jamie Foxx defends Michael Vick.
- HBO actor pulled over for suspicion of DUI.
- Is the Justice League movie going to be like this?...
- Audition for an appearance in Jlo's new video.
- Dokken enlists former Journey singer for backup vo...
- Venus Williams starts a fashion label.
- Thieves steal $13,000 handbag from Kirsten Dunst. ...
- Fox releases 17 minutes of "Prison Break" season p...
- Nicole Scherzinger insists that The Pussycat Dolls...
- Hayden Panettiere's new CD is a marketing dream.
- New hopefuls for "America's Next Top Model".
- Lacey Chabert's "Hot Years" too hot for broadcast....
- Big Brother 8 secrets revealed!
- Alyssa Milano in.....lettuce and asparagus?
- Does anyone want to see Richard Gere's ass?
- New Stevie Jewel pics!
- Links that realize they are a lucky man.
- Question for new Geno's World visitors.
- Danielle Llyod wins game show....with her brains.
- Dave Navarro directs porn film.
- Justin Timberlake to ruin Mike Myers movie.
- Dannii Minogue buys the rights to her lesbian pict...
- Courtney Thorne Smith says her novel is not based ...
- Stevie Jewel to shoot video in New York.
- Michael Anthony takes the high road.
- "Dirty Sexy Money" suspends production before prem...
- Chris Martin was manhandled by a security guard tr...
- EXCLUSIVE: Hayden Panettiere is sent tons of porn ...
- Ali Larter's dancing is a reason to see her next m...
- High School Musical cast playing hardball with stu...
- David Duchovny has read the X-Files 2 movie script...
- Tom Cruise may get sued for being inhuman.
- Links that have seen all good people.
- Jaime Pressly ate cabbage soup to lose her baby we...
- Jennifer Lopez becomes a dominatrix for her new vi...
- Ann Wilson looks & sounds great.
- Charlotte Church to have a water birth.
- Gwen Stefani shows no skin in Malaysia concert.
- Britney Spears refuses to sing with Justin Timberl...
- Aubrey O'Day says she's not pregnant with Diddy's ...
- New book trashes Katie Couric.
- With Jennifer Garner on Broadway, I may just be Br...
- Ryan Reynolds talks about the Justice league movie...
- Links that cut like a knife.
- Vivica A. Fox defends Jessica Simpson.
- Hayden Panettiere turns 18.
- Jessica Biel hired male strippers for a baby showe...
- Michael Hutchence's "ghost" will star in film.
- Axl Rose and Sebastian Bach collaborate.
- The Eagles fly again.
- Adam Levine's rep denies that Adam said Sharapova ...
- Keira Knightley hates it when someone airbrushes t...
- More Alyssa Milano news than you can stand! Or may...
- Michelle Rodriguez parties with Dominic Monaghan.
- John Wetton has the heart of a lion!
- The scoop of the new Grey's Anatomy interns.
- Links whose business is not misery.
- Nancy O'Dell drops 24 pounds in 9 weeks.
- Is Paris Hilton headed for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Mel C. imposes alcohol ban on Spice Girls tour.
- Maroon 5 singer says Maria Sharapova was a "dead f...
- The Kristen Bell casting war is won by "Heroes".
- Britney Spears discards the wigs.....
- Prince William using Diana's ring to propose to Ka...
- Do not mess with Nikki Sixx.
- ▼ 08/19 - 08/26 (75)
- ► 2006 (585)