Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Eliza Dusku fan Cindy Mealer's great experience at the taping of Eliza's new CBS pilot!
Geno's World is a big fan of Eliza Dushku! We love her fantastic film & TV roles & appreciate the time that she spends with her fans. A truly lovely person! A fellow fan, Cindy Mealer was lucky enough to attend the taping of Eliza's new CBS pilot "Roar of the Crowd". Cindy was kind enough to talk to me about her experience. (Please follow Cindy on Twitter, she's a true fan & great person! http://twitter.com/cindymealer )
- How long have you been a fan of Eliza Dushku?
I'd say probably 7 years. TNT shows 2 episodes of Angel in the mornings before I go to work. I get to see only the 1st one only, though. It was my 1st Whedon show and loved the idea of "vampire with a soul". Lol. I think I only got to see Faith's season 4 eps and 1 of the season 1 ep, so I'd miss out of some stuff. Mainly WHERE the character started really. I really loved the Faith character because I identified with it so much. I found myself always getting mad when I'd miss the credits to find out who she was. Lol. Once I did, Syfy channel aired a marathon of Tru Calling and she was everywhere. Lol. I was so thrilled to find she got her own show. Come to find out sadly it had already been canceled. I saw everything "after the fact". Lol. I just loved the realness she brought to her characters. I really admire her hard work and it shows in everything. I did get to be a part of the Dollhouse fan base as it air. We won't discuss how upset I am Fox canceled it or this can easily turn into a book. Lol. I call Eliza and Joss "The Dynamic Duo". That's also when I got a computer. With no experience "at all" eventually got around to social media with Facebook. I joined Twitter when Dollhouse was flailing saw "Join twitter to help save Dollhouse" on @whyiwatch's web site....so I did. Lol. And it was on from there.
- What have your experiences with her been like?
I'll start with "sooo grateful". Lol. Mostly to @mikeownby for talking me into going with him to see her at the Egyptian for the We Live In Public, 6 state, simulcasted screening she was hosting in L.A.. Ya know how you anticipate getting a chance to just say "hi" if at all possible and maybe get a handshake? Well, that night was beyond amazing. Not only did we get to meet at the door, Mike and I were sitting right behind her and her brother Nate. We began talking and she asked me where I was from. I laughingly smiled and said "Ojai". Lol. All of a sudden I see her eyes widen and hear "shut up! No way, really? We were just up there camping and broke down on the mountain and had to mountain bike down for cell service to call for help." Lol. I told I'd seen her shout out tweet to Ricardo from AAA who helped them (who I used to work with) and actually called him to tell him about the tweet. Lol. Nate and I were making fun of all the glitches the simulcasting was having. They sounded very alien. Lol. I'd say the one thing that really stuck in my head was when the movie started, she and Nate got up to leave. She turns to us and says "We've this like seen this 5 times, so we're gonna go hang out til it's over. Please excuse us. We'll be bad before just before it ends." Now that's class! To me, she didn't need to do that, because "who were we?" Lol. But it made a huge impression on me that she took the time to do it. We chatted a lot more throughout the rest of the evening. She was even gracious to take a pic of her and I. We got all posed but needed someone to take it. Mike and Rick (Fox) were chatting, so I started saying "Mike, Mike, Mike"...nothin'! Lol. Then it was "Rick, Rick, Rick" from both of us...nothin'. Then here came Nate back down the isle...."Nate, Nate..." She starts cracking up and says it with me. Lol. Of course Nate took the pic, adding, "aww, it's a really good one of you two."
Now the 2nd meeting was at the Whedon Con in L.A. in November. Amazing, since it was my 1st Con. Mike Ownby was working the Con, and my best friend Justin (@ActiveVictor) and Diana (@ultimaterelaxer) won the Eliza meet & greet, so I hung out with Miracle Laurie, her now husband Chris and his mom for an hour while they did that. I turn, and here comes Eliza and Rick coming into the lobby where we were. first thing out of my mouth...Eliza? She looked up from her phone and said "Cindy, right?" I was floored! Awww, you remember me? Lol. We did a quick chat as they were led to the M&G, and they were off. Then it was Q&A time. I did get up, not to ask a question, but just to tell her "thank you for making being a tomboy cool!" Lol. At the photo op, when it was my turn, she turned to me I said "Hey, sweetie! Long time no see!" She goes "Lol hey, yaaay!' and grabs my arm, then puts her hand on my shoulder and pulls me in close for the pic. It surprised the hell outta me. Lol. It was her 1st Con too, and seemed truly glad to see a familiar face. Lol. She always called me by name like we'd been long time friends. That meant so much to me. At the gold ticket event at the end of the night where she went table to table, she sat next to me which was also cool.
- How did you get tickets to her taping?
I was graciously invited by @mikeownby to use his extra ticket. I think Diana found the info and shared it with Mike.
- What was the show like?
Well, during the taping, the show's called "Roar Of The Crowd" about a sports radio show hosted by Damon (Nick). Along with Damon Wayans and Eliza, the cast included on of my favorite comedians Aisha Tyler. I was so excited. Lol. Also Cynthia McWilliams whom I hadn't heard of, but is a great addition. She plays Damon's wife, and Aisha plays his ex wife. Lol. Eliza plays Damon's sassy co-host Casey. The two of them play off each other very well. I do have to say, Damon did go up on his lines a lot, while Eliza was pretty much "Two Take Terri". Lol. I actually only saw her go up on her line once. Lol. I think it really has a good shot to be picked up...I hope. With a little fine tuning I think it'll find an audience.
- How fun was it seeing Eliza doing a comedy role?
I knew it would be great. Eliza has a wonderful sense of humor, and really good comedic timing. One of my favorite lines was (talking about her boobs) "These puppies came out of the box this way. 9th grade...*chick*chick* POW! *chick*chick* POW! Suddenly the braces and head gear didn't matter anymore." Lmao. It was kinda hard to repeat the original laughs from the first takes when they had to repeat a scene, but I think we did pretty good. I actually lost my voice by the end of the night from all the laughing and cheering. Lol. I'm sure Mike didn't mind that at all. Lol. I had a great time getting to see Eliza at her best...at work. Her pre-taped scenes were hilarious. I guess they taped some of it the day before. Everyone was genuinely having a great time making the show. So, everyone, email CBS and let them know you want the show to be picked up for the fall schedule. Okay? Lol
- I understand she met you after the taping. What did you talk about?
Well, besides thanking us for coming out, I told her about my "Mrs. Toad's wild ride" to get everybody together and make it to the taping on time. Lol. She started cracking up when I said we literally snatched Mike up at the airport gate. I said I actually thought of having him just jump in the car through the window as I flew by. Lol. Poor Mike's flight was late due to weather and JUST had time to haul ass to the studio. Then I told her about us standing in line waiting to be led to the set. Me blurting out "I need to tweet!". "I must tweet!" You just don't realize how much you're addicted to twitter until you're made to leave your phone in the car during something as awesome as Eliza taping her pilot. Lol. By the time we got to the set door I was going through withdraws. She also thanked us quite a few times for coming out to see her tape the show. Sadly, Diana had to leave at 10pm to catch her flight back home and didn't get to stay for that. I think they kicked us out about 11:15. Lol. A truly amazing night!
All I can say is, I'm truly blessed!
Thank you, Geno for being such a great Eliza fan as well!
Thank you Cindy for your time & thank you Eliza for being the great person you are!! xoxo
Posted by Geno at 10:40 AM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2467)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
05/08 - 05/15
- Maria Menounos talks very sweetly about Tom Brady ...
- Nia Vardalos makes a fan's day!! So cute!!
- Wanted: Freelance marijuana critic
- "Conan the Barbarian" trailer starring Rose McGowa...
- 'Nutty' squirrel is baseball team's biggest fan
- Ed Helms & Paul Simon SNL Promos Are A Riot!!
- One Shot ft. Eliza Dushku
- 'Bridesmaids': 'Not a Precious Girly Movie'
- Katie Couric officially announces her last day as ...
- Dr. Drew & Stormy Daniels examine how men and wome...
- MovieMantz Reviews: ‘Bridesmaids’ & ‘Everything Mu...
- Victoria's Secret models show off summer style
- Kiefer Sutherland talks about the "24' movie
- Musicians turn out for relief concert
- Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood & Drew Roy Talk New Alie...
- Colin Farrell's Shares Intimate Details With Ellen...
- Long lines & weeping at openings of new In-N-Out B...
- Being Bin Laden starring Fred Savage
- Ashley Greene: From "Twilight" to "Skateland"
- How are you celebrating 'Top Gun' day?
- Oprah's influence
- Paula Abdul: ‘I’m Having The Best Time’ Working Wi...
- How Is Ralph Macchio’s ‘Dancing’ Injury?
- Texas dentist serves cocktails with cleanings
- Christie Brinkley tells Billy Bush she is having a...
- Couple cleans yard, finds skeleton
- Jennifer Lopez on returning to "Idol" next year: "...
- Angelina Jolie & Jack Black talk about "Kung Fu Pa...
- Generous stars donate items for online auction to ...
- Michael Sheen: ‘Breaking Dawn’ Has ‘Real Depth’
- Taylor Swift talks to Ellen about living a public ...
- Rachel McAdams Talks About Reuniting With Owen Wil...
- Pauley Perrette talks about her charity efforts
- TSA defends pat-down of 8-month-old baby
- Robin Roberts interviews Patricia Heaton on GMA
- Rob Riggle Stars In: The Navy Seal Who Killed Osam...
- Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff talk to Access Hol...
- David Letterman's "Top Ten Things Mary Hart Has Le...
- Zach Braff talks to Conan O'Brien about stepping i...
- Chicago and Me - Chicago the band's new sitcom
- Billy Bush talks about his work with the Lollipop ...
- Chelsea Handler tells Joy Behar why she will never...
- Michael Douglas gives an update on Catherine Zeta-...
- Stars Share Their Favorite Memories Of ‘The Oprah ...
- Airline denies dying woman seat on flight
- Hat-wearing grannies form pickpocketing ring
- Lady Gaga defends her "Judas" music video
- Meredith Vieira Explains Her Decision To Leave The...
- CNN talks to Ralph Macchio, Karina Smirnoff & the ...
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About 'Idol' To Ellen
- Natalee Halloway's mother talks to CBS about her n...
- Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff talk to Access Hol...
- Rise in autism rates may mean more mainstreaming
- Babies have two heads, one body
- Eliza Dusku fan Cindy Mealer's great experience at...
- David Letterman's "Top Ten Reasons Meredith Vieira...
- Kat Dennings talks to Conan O'Brien about billboar...
- Conan O'Brien Shows That Osama Bin Laden Was A Ter...
- Kermit the Frog takes on Johnny Depp
- CNN talks with Hugh Jackman, about aiding global h...
- Ann Curry Talks To Billy Bush About Meredith Vieir...
- Steven Tyler: I Want To Be Johnny Depp’s ‘Pirates’...
- Simon Cowell tells how his reunion with Paula Abdu...
- Donald Trump tells his white friends on Fox News "...
- Student arrested for writing on desk
- Man collects 6 million beer bottles, builds castle...
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’ Prem...
- Video: Simon Cowell & Paula Abdul reunite on X-Fac...
- Volunteer vets are helping animals whose owners ha...
- AC/DC Attends 'Live At The River Plate' Premiere
- L.A. Reid & Cheryl Cole talks about the first roun...
- Behind the Music Video with Michael Bolton & Rob R...
- Meredith Vieira officially announces her departure...
- Christy Turlington Burns and her new documentary a...
- Woman found in demolished house
- CSI star Marg Helgenberger says Justin Bieber is '...
- Magic Johnson: The Lakers did not show class in Ga...
- SNL: 'Pregnant In Heels" starring Tina Fey
- Dog Tries on Dancing Shoes
- Funny or Die Parody: Barack Obama on 60 Minutes Ta...
- I’m going to kill you’ with this peanut butter cra...
- Christina Ricci: ‘Oprah Saved My Life!’
- Michael Bolton plays Captain Jack Sparrow on SNL
- Tina Fey plays Sarah Palin on SNL in debate agains...
- Children share the reasons why they love their mom...
- Katie Couric interviews Betty White about her life...
- Tina Fey's SNL monologue
- SNL presents Osama bin Laden's last will & testame...
- ▼ 05/08 - 05/15 (88)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
- ► 2007 (1899)
- ► 2006 (585)