Saturday, January 26, 2008
Scarlett Johansson announces her engagement to Barack Obama!
Hot, talented & a great sense of humor? Sigh...........
Scarlett Johansson returned from the Persian Gulf with a whole lot of soldiers' trinkets and a delusion of her own engagement - to Barack Obama.
''I am engaged ... to Barack Obama,'' Johansson joked in an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday. ''My heart belongs to Barack, and that is who I am currently, finally, engaged to. Yes.''
Johansson, who showed her support for the Democratic presidential candidate at the Iowa caucus earlier this month, was really just deflecting a question about rumors she might be engaged (to actor-beau Ryan Reynolds).
The 23-year-old actress talked about the warm welcome she received while visiting troops stationed in the Persian Gulf last week. Johansson dropped by U.S. bases in Kuwait on Jan. 17 and Jan. 18 as part of a USO tour in which she met about 3,500 men and women in uniform.
''Everybody that I met there was so incredibly friendly and polite and genuine and generous,'' she said. ''They were so, so sweet. I mean, I was just amazed.''
Johansson said some people ripped patches off their jackets as gifts and handed her challenge coins from their military units. One Marine offered up his St. Christopher medal. Another starstruck guy gushed: ''You made my whole deployment!''
Johansson has a full plate for 2008, with the release of films including ''The Other Boleyn Girl'' and ''He's Just Not That Into You,'' as well as the arrival of her debut album on May 20.
The disc, called ''Anywhere I Lay My Head,'' features Tom Waits cover songs and one original track. ''It was a really, really sort of inspired process to make this CD, and it was something I'd never done before,'' said Johansson, who said the album has a dreamy, ethereal quality.
On a far more serious note: Johansson was still speechless Thursday over the death of fellow actor Heath Ledger, who was found dead Tuesday in his Manhattan apartment.
''I'm really just so very shocked,'' she said. ''He was an incredibly sweet, kindhearted and enthusiastic person. And, you know, he loved his daughter - I mean, that was like the light of his life. It's just a terrible loss.''
Posted by Geno at 11:23 AM
Josh Charles performs Geno's World's theme song!
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (1472)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
01/20 - 01/27
- Jessica Biel's body is at the top of wish lists at...
- ABC says nude buttocks are not a sexual organ in a...
- New Kids On the Block are back!
- Scarlett Johansson announces her engagement to Bar...
- Secrets from the new James Bond movie!!
- Tara Reid slams Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan!
- "Bronze the Fonz" cry is heard!!
- Mary Kate Olsen speaks about Heath Ledger's death....
- Links that say "You better wait!"
- Steve Perry's studio visits inspired the new Extre...
- Chris Klein is rumored to be the father of Suri Cr...
- Scarlett Johansson to release debut CD in May. To ...
- Slyvester Stallone endorses John McCain. Will a ca...
- Jillian Barberie Reynolds shows off her bikini, 6 ...
- Angelina Jolie's rep says "Kiss my a$$!!" to pregn...
- Ryan Reynolds rates the kissing abilities of his l...
- Carrie Underwood joins Beyonce, Foo Fighters and T...
- Links that have learned to live.
- John Ritter's widow says John's death could have b...
- Eddie Murphy is compared to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyd...
- Charlize Theron loves playing the beast!
- Gwyneth Paltrow hates America.
- Jessica Alba paranoid about breastfeading and gain...
- Alyssa Milano is going to get tackled, take a slap...
- Links that give sage advice to Sister Christian.
- Lenny Kravitz says he hasn't had sex in 3 years. P...
- Oscar nominee Ellen Page is grateful that she wasn...
- Stars react to Heath Ledger's death.
- Hayden Christensen said that pretending to have se...
- Jerry O'Conell is the greatest actor of our genera...
- Ringo Starr storms off of "Regis and Kelly" set!
- Lovebscott saved my life!
- Selma Blair to make NBC the #1 network!
- David Beckham does indeed have a soul!
- Heath Ledger found dead.
- Tom Brady is fine. No cast! No problem!
- Links that scream forget me not!!
- "Battle of the Bods" may be the worst or best show...
- John Travolta appears in Scientology video that ta...
- A deathbed promise lead to the Triumph reunion.
- Mischa Barton says she's a sexy, hot vixen!!
- Bono says watching the new U2 3D movie is horrific...
- Katie Holmes talks about being ignored on Valentin...
- Everything you need to know about the new "Star Tr...
- Giants fans try to psyche out Tom Brady with Bridg...
- Nicolas Cage opens up about his drug filled past.
- Links that have the magic power!
- Dennis Quaid talks about his twins and his new mov...
- Colin Farrell may have hit his head and impared hi...
- Ryan Reynolds to make Scarlett Johansson a honest ...
- "Mad Money" makes no money.
- Miley Cyrus challenged to fistfights over her imag...
- Conan O'Brien buys mansion in L.A. for over $10 mi...
- Matthew McConaughey's Mom pushes him to get marrie...
- Charlize Theron isn't as smart as advertised.
- ▼ 01/20 - 01/27 (55)
- ► 2007 (1899)
- ► 2006 (585)