Rules? Laws? Whoops.............
FILM star Eddie Murphy's beach marriage in French Polynesia this week is likely to be invalid, a lawyer has said.
General law specialist in French Polynesia, Malgras Benoit, confirmed reports that Murphy and his 40-year-old fiancee Tracey Edmonds were ineligible to be married locally because they had not lived in the region for long enough.
Under French law people wishing to marry must reside near where the ceremony is to take place for at least 30 days before they can legally tie the knot.
The couple reportedly arrived in French Polynesia by private jet on the weekend and were married on new year's day on a small islet near Bora Bora Island, a playground for wealthy tourists.
People magazine reported that the couple wed in a sunset ceremony on the beach in front of 25 family and friends.
The magazine said Edmonds walked barefoot down the aisle to Gladys Knight's Makings of You and that a gazebo made from 6,000 shells was built for the event.
Benoit said the details indicated the wedding could not be recognised under French law.
'A marriage on the beach would be like ... a fake marriage. It's not a real marriage, if it is on the beach with only a local priest,'' he said....
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2174)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
12/30 - 01/06
- Media around the world are preparing Britney Spear...
- Keira Knightley prepares to quit acting to go to u...
- Scarlett Johansson wears no pants when attending B...
- Keith Richards receives pardon from Mike Huckabee....
- Sienna Miller's "No smoking" resolution lasted les...
- Mariah Carey says she is not a nasty diva.
- Conflicting reports about Vivica A. Fox's oral tap...
- Links that listen to the voices of babylon.
- Avril Lavigne cries when she doesn't get New Years...
- Angelina Jolie tells her kids not to wake Mommy!
- Is Katie Holmes having trouble accepting Tom Cruis...
- Johnny Fairplay, Yau-Man and other favorites retur...
- Remember when Britney Spears was cute, "normal" an...
- Scarlett Johansson says vote for Barack Obama or d...
- Teenager spends $1 to see Jessica Simpson's new mo...
- Eddie Murphy's new marriage is called fake and inv...
- Tom Hanks is worried about being a 90 year old fai...
- Reese Witherspoon is called a prude! She gets red ...
- Spider-Man storyline enrages comic book fans.
- Mariah Carey's Stephen Hawking comments are insens...
- Lindsay Lohan's ex apologizes to her and her fathe...
- Tom Cruise spends money faster than he makes it.
- Tape of Vivica A. Fox servicing a male friend on h...
- Vanity Fair exposes the secrets behind the new Ind...
- Hillary Clinton's people get her primo "surprise" ...
- Kim Kardashain denies engagement.
- Neal Morse's new CD rocks and inspires!
- Links that cover Rush and live to tell about it!
- Page 6 hints that Nicole Kidman IS indeed pregnant...
- Brooke Burke talks about getting her uterus back t...
- Rachel Ray is visited by cartoon strip serial kill...
- I want Tyra Banks to adopt me!
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher are called cheap and...
- Pam Anderson left her kids in a hotel room, while ...
- Uma Thurman says smoking almost killed her career....
- Johnny Depp made $92 million in one year.
- Kim Kardashian says she eats like crap.
- Leo DiCaprio thinks his hot girlfriend is a great ...
- Billie Piper hopes Amy Winehouse can get rid of he...
- Tom Brady tells Tony Romo to ban Jessica Simpson f...
- Jennifer Garner is Geno's World's Woman of the yea...
- Links that keep on runnin'!
- Jennifer Lopez will be gagged when she gives birth...
- Frank Sinatra's ghost haunts Jude Law.
- Lindsay Lohan makes out with 3 men, 1 woman, 1 dog...
- Will Keira Knightley go nude? Bet on it!
- Lauren Conrad's new flame is her old flame.
- Miley Cyrus says her controversial pictures with h...
- Kristen Bell will kick your ass if you are rude to...
- Johnny Depp got terrified watching a "Sweeney Todd...
- ▼ 12/30 - 01/06 (50)
- ► 2006 (585)