Friday, January 18, 2008
Dr. Cox from "Scrubs" cuts his child support in half for his son with Downs syndrome. He blames the writers strike.
Not the kind of press that you look for..........
John C. McGinley scrubs his child support obligation and blames the writers' strike.
The actor, who plays Dr. Cox on the comedy series Scrubs, had been paying $9,000 a month to ex-wife Lauren Lambert for child support of their son, Max, who has a Downs syndrome.
McGinley has cut down his financial obligation to half since the show is on hiatus from the on-going wrrters' strike.
He has reportedly told Lambert that it's "not fair" if he paid the full amount each month because he is currently not working.
This doesn't sit well with Lambert who is apparently furious. She claims that McGinley can still afford "a big house in Malibu." It is also claimed that the ex plans to ask the judge to put the actor in contempt.
Lynn Soodik, McGinley's legal rep, explains, "He's following the court order which allows him to reduce support if the show isn't being shot."
But TMZ.com claims they have learned that the court agreement states the actor - who was chosen as "Dad of the Month" in October 2002 at iParenting.com - can only reduce payment after the final episode, which hasn't been shot yet.
Posted by Geno at 7:49 AM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2015 (303)
- ► 2014 (2531)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
01/13 - 01/20
- Links that survive in this cage.
- "The Brady Bunch"'s "Sam The Butcher" is serving c...
- Christina Ricci seems to have a gambling problem!
- Kylie Minogue uses google to find hot men to date!...
- Scarlett Joahnsson will answer fan mail in person!...
- Sarah Michelle Gellar calls America gluttonous.
- Triumph to reunite!!
- Links that get taken in from time to time.
- US magazine's Britney Spears exclusive was reporte...
- Bryan Adams thought he saw everything until he saw...
- Kiefer Sutherland is getting sprung from the joint...
- Lindsay Lohan sees dead people!
- Drew Barrymore and Justin Long snuggle at the Puss...
- Dr. Cox from "Scrubs" cuts his child support in ha...
- Did Tom Cruise almost drive Nicole Kidman into the...
- Jake Gyllenhaal is driving Ryan Phillippe insane!
- Christina Aguilera is surprised that she's still s...
- Lauren Conrad may do "The Hills" forever........an...
- Links that aren't afraid of sunlight.
- "Cloverfield" premiere draws big stars, has beens ...
- Deborah Gibson talks about Britney Spears.
- Pam Anderson is ready to start lingerie line (and ...
- Become an "Extra" TV host for a day!
- Kate Hudson caught making out with Justin Timberla...
- Audrina Partridge wears underwear.
- I'm a believer in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Ch...
- Eddie Murphy's marriage lasted slightly longer tha...
- Ellen Page is going to be whipped by Drew Barrymor...
- Links which have compassion for the owner of a lon...
- Paula Abdul's stalker sings that he wants to caulk...
- Melissa Rivers is accused of being a greedy, rude,...
- George Clooney will stop the writers strike, deliv...
- Is Jennifer Aniston dating EVERYONE in Hollywood??...
- Jessica Simpson's father fires back at reports tha...
- Sherri Shepherd has the IQ of a rock.............a...
- Links that respect the hunter.
- Johnny Depp donates a fortune to the hospital that...
- Zac Efron tackles rumors that he enjoys having sex...
- Hillary Duff denies that she was caught lip synchi...
- Keri Russell will be the voice of Wonder Woman!
- Bruce Springsteen settles Pavarotti lawsuit.
- Elizabeth Berkley finds "CSI Miami"'s David Caruso...
- What stars donated to which politicians? Why is Ba...
- Links who stay away from Barracudas!
- Naked chef to cut up dead man (who ate himself to ...
- Dear God! Will they actually give Paula Abdul a he...
- Adam Brody is my hero!...I hate him.
- Keira Knightley refuses to wear her boyfriend's ri...
- Eva Longoria says Jessica Simpson was not responsi...
- Why oh why has Jenny on "The L Word" turned into a...
- Larry Birkhead denies that Anna Nicole Smith's dru...
- Yo Adrianne! Rocky is going to be a play! The firs...
- Will an edited "Dexter" on CBS be worth watching?
- Christina Aguilera's message includes new video fo...
- Roseanne apologizes for her attack on Oprah and Ba...
- Beyonce pregnancy rumors spread around the globe!
- ▼ 01/13 - 01/20 (56)
- ► 2007 (1899)
- ► 2006 (585)