Toto has announced that former lead vocalist Fergie Frederiksen will join the band for the band's May 5th show in Minnesota. Fergie was lead singer for the band's 1984 release "Isolation". I still play the CD quite a bit... www.toto99.com
Friday, April 20, 2007
Celebslam has a super collection of recent Camilla Belle photos. She recently attended a boutique opening. I never go to these events...perhaps that's why I haven't run into lovely Camilla....
Posted by Geno at 3:34 PM
Survivor has an unlikely front runner. 54 year old Yau Man has dominated play with his mind, personality and skills at challenges. He's a likable dude and I'm rooting for him. His alliance with Earl skillfully shocked the other side by pushing Edgardo out of the game last night. Good stuff...
Posted by Geno at 3:10 PM
John Edwards is a good looking dude. I'm confident in my manhood enough to say that. And he's got some nice hair....that he pays $400 to get cut....and charges it to his campaign....There are worse things that he could do, but 400 bucks for a haircut Johnny? You're getting ripped off.
Posted by Geno at 8:21 AM
Thursday, April 19, 2007
TMZ.com has a tape of a message that Alec Baldwin left for his 11 year daughter. It's very, very disturbing. I like Baldwin's acting chops. The guy always comes through. Drama or comedy, he shines....But this tape is so damn pathetic and sad.
Posted by Geno at 4:20 PM
Dream Theater has unveiled a cover for the special edition of it's new CD "Systematic Chaos". The limited edition contains a documentary on the making of the CD. The documentary is directed by drummer Mike Portnoy. Reserve your copy now!
Posted by Geno at 1:14 PM
Marvel Comics is being coy about the validity of an Iron Man photo supposedly from the upcoming movie. It's the classic grey suit first worn by Tony Stark.
Posted by Geno at 8:20 AM
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
If you read this blog, you are aware that I watch a lot of TV. However, I don't watch American Idol. But after reading that Sanjaya is now the number 1 used word in blogging, I feel I must put my 2 cents in....Who cares. If you have a reality show set up where the American public picks the winner & you don't agree, tough cookies. Change the rules or live with it.... Oh and for the search engines: Sanjaya Sanjaya Sanjaya Sanjaya Sanjaya, Sanjaya!
Posted by Geno at 3:55 PM
The Sun Online's podcast this week features a few bands including one of my favorites, Marillion. Check it out & check out Marillion's new CD at their website. Cool stuff as usual from the blokes from UK.
Posted by Geno at 1:12 PM
Dennis Kucinich is said to be filing impeachment papers against Dick Cheney....Now that's funny!!! As you know, I'm not Cheney's biggest fan, but having Kucinich as your biggest foe is like having Pee Wee Herman as your biggest nemesis. I mean seriously, Kucinich is a cartoon character. I wonder if he will wear a cape to the press conference and say that he's for truth, justice and the American way...
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
It's not enough that he may be corrupt, shot his friend and is a mean old man...Now Dick Cheney killed a bird....With a plane....Bastard! I bet he told the pilot to aim for it....
Posted by Geno at 2:40 PM
I have watched every episode of "I love New York".... I loved every moment. The reunion special & the wacky ending blew me away. The promo for the reunion says it all: "It's the first ever I Love New York Reunion Show. All the guys are back (except the ones in jail, recovery, or therapy). New York and Sister Patterson will face the boys they dissed and the guys will square off and settle old feuds. Plus, New York and Tango will be reunited for the first time since Tango's surprise proposal. Are they still on their way to the alter?"......Pure genius!!!
Posted by Geno at 2:29 PM
Am I the only one who still watches "The Apprentice"???? Maybe. The show is ranked 97th according to TV Guide. They trashed Trump in last weeks issue for stating this season that he has the #1 show on TV.. In any case, the show is down to the final 4. I found it weird that although Frank & Nicole seemed on their way to winning the final task, Trump appeared to not want to fire Stefani and James. I smell a rat. He told all 4 that they were coming back this Sunday for the final live show. BS. He didn't want his final choice to be between Frank & Nicole. He thought he was on the golf course & he called a mulligan. Anyone agree?...I'll never know, nobody else is watching!!!
Posted by Geno at 1:25 PM
"Lost" has been excellent in recent weeks. It continues to be must watch TV, even if ratings are down. EW has a great article on recent happenings with the show. The article also addresses ratings, upcoming shows and unanswered questions....
Posted by Geno at 9:30 AM
Posted by Geno at 8:00 AM
Monday, April 16, 2007
According to polls, John McCain is gaining ground on Rudy. This comes as a surprise to me. I thought McCain's recent speeches were burying him, but it seems the opposite is happening. On the other side, Obama is making inroads on Clinton.....Interesting stuff! The shadows of Freddy Thompson and Albert Gore are still lurking in the background scaring the candidates.
Posted by Geno at 12:43 PM
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Al Franken is pulling out the big guns for his Senate run. Kevin Bacon, Kevin Kleine and Meathead are just a few famous names backing Al with cash and their celebrity name. It will be interesting if Al wins. After trashing the government for years, he will be on the hotseat. I wish him well.
Posted by Geno at 11:17 AM
Melody Zephyr performs a song for Geno's World
Josh Charles performs Geno's World's theme song!
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2013 (1333)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3026)
04/15 - 04/22
- And your little dog too...
- I usually just go to movie openings
- All hail Yau Man!
- I feel pretty. And ripped off.
- More Keeley. Why? For world peace.
- No father of the year award for Alec.
- 6 pieces of this & you won't sleep for a week
- Chaos reigns supreme
- Authentic, but not fashionable
- Keeley brings a smile or two
- Sanjaya? So what.
- Podcasts are your friends
- Is this good?
- Man of steel?
- The horror! Cheney kills bird!
- I really love New York
- Inside "Lost"
- I am wearing Hanes
- Johnny's fire seems to be working
- Do they allow megaphones?
- Mira glows
- I'm a good person
- ▼ 04/15 - 04/22 (23)
- ► 2006 (585)
Geno's World Archive
Alyssa Milano ASIA Audrina Patridge Audrina Patridge #2 Bikini Brad Pitt Britney Spears Dream Theater Ellen Degeneres Eva Mendes George Clooney Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Garner Jennifer Lopez Jennifer Love Hewitt Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Jessica Simpson Katy Perry Kelly Ripa Keeley Hazell Kim Kardashian Lindsay Lohan Marillion Miley Cyrus Pam Anderson Paris Hilton Paula Abdul Playboy Sarah Palin Scarlett Johansson Tara Reid Will Smith Yes Zac Efron