Thursday, October 18, 2007
America Ferrera's fear of stalkers made her seek a new apartment.
There are worse reasons to move....
America Ferrera has been driven out of her home because she is scared of stalkers. The 23-year-old actress - who plays clumsy PA Betty Suarez in hit U.S. TV show 'Ugly Betty' - was advised by the program's bosses to move into a more secure apartment after they realized how easy it would be for obsessed fans to get into her property.
America said: "There was a big security issue. I was living in an apartment in Hollywood where the windows faced the street. I always left them open because there was an air conditioning unit hooked up to the outside."
"My bosses told me that was probably not such a good idea. Anyone could look straight into the apartment, so I decided it was time to move. I do try to keep as low key as I can, and be safe as I go about my daily routine. But luckily it takes a lot to shake me up."
America - who last month won the Best Actress in a Comedy Emmy for her performance in the show - also said some fans find it hard to distinguish between her character Betty and the real her.
She said: "The line gets blurred. You just have to deal with that every now and then and be safe and be careful."
Posted by Geno at 9:00 AM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2531)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
10/14 - 10/21
- Anthony Hopkins has advice for Paris, Lindsay and ...
- CSI fans start save Jorja writing campaign.
- Classic Rock interviews ASIA's John Wetton.
- Links that know no evil.
- Brokeback Mountain 2 in the works?
- Paris Hilton wants to be frozen and live for thous...
- Nikki Sixx is on his knees begging for Kate Moss.
- Links that listen to songs from the highway.
- Lindsay Lohan hires ex-Israeli Army tough guy to g...
- America Ferrera's fear of stalkers made her seek a...
- Was Katie Holmes Father brainwashed by scientology...
- Links that know that Video Killed The Radio Star.
- Star magaine reports on Gioia joining Paul Abdul a...
- 2 scantily clad women refuse to pay for parking af...
- Peter Gabriel named BMI Icon.
- Links that never say "And your little dog too!"
- Lennon speaks to his son, the Beatles and Oasis fr...
- Halle Berry likes it spicy!
- Tara Reid says she's not stupid like Lindsay or Pa...
- Justice League casting session continues.
- Links that can't get enough.
- I'd join this mafia.
- Gordon Ramsay attacks women, cops and the French o...
- Kate Hudson and Dax Sheppard break up
- Britney Spears threatens suicide...again.
- Nicole Scherzinger talks to Blender.
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (26)
- ► 2006 (585)