She played a lesbian in "Smokin' Aces". That probably didn't help matters....
RnB superstar Alicia Keys can understand why she was labelled a lesbian at the beginning of her career - because she was "rough around the ages".
The singer's sexuality has the subject of much speculation ever since the release of her 2001 debut album Songs In A Minor. Although Keys rubbishes the gay rumours, she admits her appearance and attitude may have led people to draw their own conclusions.
She says, "I was definitely rough around the edges. I look back at certain interviews and I'm like, 'Damn! Did I have to look that hard? Did I have to do my hair that way?'
"I could see why people couldn't see the diamond in the rough. I didn't take it to heart. I know what I am. I know it's not true."
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2015 (480)
- ► 2014 (2531)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
10/21 - 10/28
- Kathryn Morris is cute cute cute!
- Natalie Portman makes an album for charity.
- Katie Holmes turned down for Broadway role.
- Puppy love ends for Emma Watson.
- Links that are true survivors.
- Mariah Carey bans fans from touching her.
- Lauren Conrad is a bitch when the cameras aren't r...
- "Lost" Star Daniel Dae Kim arrested for DUI.
- Links that take it on the run.
- Scarlett Johansson gave Ryan Reynolds her wisdom t...
- Rupert Evans to play Superman in Justice League mo...
- Natalie Portman says she'll never be nude for a fi...
- Links that are caught up in you.
- Heidi Klum tells Oprah she fell in love with Seal'...
- Art imitates life for Larry David.
- It's not easy being Leann Rimes.
- Ex-Britney Spears employees organize to urge fans ...
- Marisa Tomei proud of doggie style bedroom scene.
- Gioia and Paula Abdul to meet in Hollywood?
- Links that enjoy systematic chaos.
- Barak Obama gossips with Kate Walsh about her new ...
- Alicia Keys opens up about lesbian rumors.
- Gioia and Pam Anderson talk to each other about sc...
- Links that fear the carpet crawlers.
- Band Bombs.
- Kim Basinger to play Charlize Theron's mother in u...
- Reese Witherspoon linked to James Blunt.
- Perez Hilton hints about Zac Efron's sexual orient...
- Eva Mendes wants more kissing with Johnny Depp.
- Lionel buys Nicole Richie a house.
- ▼ 10/21 - 10/28 (30)
- ► 2006 (585)