Gwen Stefani's outfits seem to be a bit too much for Malaysia to handle. In a bizarre coincidence, I wore the pictured Gwen Stefani outfit to work today. I think it's a bit too much for my co-workers to handle....
The Malaysian leg of Gwen Stefani's tour has been thrown into doubt after a Muslim student mounted a campaign to have the star banned from performing in the country.
The Sweet Escape hit maker was due to play her first ever gig in capital city Kuala Lumpur later this month, but faces opposition from locals who insist the star's behavior and dress is too inappropriate for the province.
Mohamad Hilmi Ramli, of the National Union of Malaysian Muslim Students, says, "Her video clips promoting the event are too obscene. We want the organizers to cancel the concert, failing which we will ask the authorities to intervene."
Ramli also singled out Malaysian mobile phone company Maxis Communications for advertising the former No Doubt singer's performances.
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2132)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
07/29 - 08/05
- Justin Timberlake goes ring shopping for Jessica B...
- Trump is in full PR mode for Celebrity Apprentice....
- Ving Rhames' dog kills worker.
- Keeley Hazell is "Simpsonized".
- Links that get their minds blown by the Flower Kin...
- Jessica Simpson hires a professional matchmaker.
- Flav tries again. Wooohooooo!
- Jessica Biel has mad soccer skills.
- Fan takes ring off of Tim McGraw's finger at conce...
- Live TV makes betrayal harder to live with.
- Mitt Romney is the Devil.
- Alyssa Milano + Milo Ventimiglia = hot movie.
- Julianna Margulies got someone to have sexual inte...
- Links that have followed Steve Hackett from Genesi...
- Jennifer Love Hewitt says "Ghost Whisperer" is lik...
- Hayden Panettiere does FHM.
- Rachel Stevens is a marketing dream.
- The Hoff's Opera singing drives Sharon Osbourne ma...
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie get into massive figh...
- Jennnifer Garner's Broadway roles may put pregnanc...
- Jenny McCarthy is the new hot pick to play Jenna J...
- Did J-Lo get a breast job?
- Links that are "Hot Blooded"
- Lauren Graham and Ali Larter admit to skinny-dippi...
- Dick Cheney will not learn, won't change.
- Gwen Stefani is too hot for Malaysia.
- Gary Coleman arrested for beating his car up.
- Evil Dr. Will invades E! series.
- Britney Spears has parental skills of a rock. (A d...
- Zooey Deschanel doesn't want to take her clothes o...
- Rosie O'Donnell takes a shot at Paula Abdul.
- Links that are feeling stronger every day.
- Star Jones talks about her surgery. Do we care?
- Sienna Miller, Jessica Biel.....and Geno have love...
- Gwyneth begs fans not to take pictures of her shoe...
- Guest movie review from Mr. Watch.
- Scarlett Johansson to play porn star Jenna Jameson...
- Tom Brady says he feels young as he approaches 30....
- Tommy Shaw speaks.
- Brittany Snow sheds good girl image for her next r...
- Links that do not want to rule the world.
- Stevie Jewel interview.
- New Couple alert! Jude Law and Cameron Diaz.
- The Police rock Geno's World at Fenway Park.
- Christina Aguilera cancels shows due to illness.
- Lindsay Lohan still has an ad campaign???
- Stewart Copeland's blogging days are over.
- Kirsten Dunst takes time out from messy boyfriend....
- ▼ 07/29 - 08/05 (48)
- ► 2006 (585)