I love "Lost". I love Evangeline Lilly on "Lost". I hate reading Lilly whine and whine every interview I read with her.
On fame: There's a lot of things that I set in place from day one that I set up as barriers to keep the world out of my private life," she says. "I had never been interested in or enamoured by fame ... When I decided to take the job, that was my biggest apprehension. I was not willing to give up my privacy to become this form of artist. I have no regrets, but should another series come along that is a huge hit that will continue to launch me into the public eye, I would say 'no'."
On living in Hawaii:Meantime, Lilly admits she struggled to adjust to life in Hawaii. "I hated living there for the first two years."
On "Lost": Lilly says although all of the cast lives in Hawaii, she can go for months without seeing other headline cast members because of Lost's challenging third-season plot device in which the cast is frequently separated into isolated storylines.
"There has been huge unrest, dissatisfaction and frustration from the cast about that," she admits.
"There was a sense of 'I don't understand what sort of show I am on any more.' It didn't feel like the same show, and I think the audience felt the same way."
On filming sex scenes and working on Sundays: Several elements of Lilly's role (such as a recent sex scene with Sawyer) have conflicted with her conservative upbringing.
"I was brought up in a household where I was not allowed to take the Lord's name in vain," she says.
"There's been lots of adjustments to make - like working on Sunday, always the Sabbath for me - or the issue of modesty that comes when you're standing in the water in your underwear. You have to make your own peace and understand your limits."
Oh God......be quiet!!!!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2137)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
07/22 - 07/29
- Rachel Stevens can't keep her eyes off of Cameron ...
- Leonard Nimoy will appear in new Star Trek Movie. ...
- Kelly Clarkson gives in. She plans on having Davis...
- Seal the Deal with Stevie Jewel!
- Depp to get "Dark Shadowed"
- Links that remember Neal Schon's wild hair.
- Rachel McAdams new ring has people buzzing about e...
- Reiko to fight Aliens & Predators.
- If you look at Lauryn Hill, she will attack you wi...
- Bono making time with Penelope Cruz?
- Rumer Willis caught in hotel room with drug arrest...
- Phil Collins says Gensis tour is a pain in the ars...
- All is well with Pitt and Jolie. Or is it?
- LInks still waiting to hear back from Evan Rachel ...
- The Hoff says drunken video gave him closure.
- Will Scarlett Johansson let me move into one of he...
- Cure Lindsay Lohan game.
- Evangeline Lilly complains about fame, living in H...
- Kate Moss moves in with Ron Wood. Is she the 5th R...
- Nicole Richie to whine to Diane Sawyer.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger wants rules changed so he ca...
- Lost news.
- Pirate Master cancelled. Aargh!
- Madonna gets angry when son is called "Lucky Basta...
- Links that know that milk is good for you. (Even w...
- An open letter to newly single Jessica Alba.
- More evidence that Paula Abdul is bonkers.
- Kiss drummer gets mellow for new CD.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt is #1.....on worst album list...
- Cameron Diaz watched Indiana Jones twice a day to ...
- Penelope Cruz L'Oreal ad called a sham.
- "24" to be more environmentally friendly.
- Keeley Hazell has great acting chops.
- Save Hayden!!!
- Has Paris turned the page?
- Evan Rachel Wood's PR firm takes my call, but will...
- Gwyneth Paltrow rejected for movie role because sh...
- Links waiting in line for The Iron Man movie...alr...
- Hillary Duff makes a 9 year old girl cry.
- David Ortiz sued for $1 million.
- Penthouse & Playboy model calls Marcus Allen "Cree...
- Lindsay Lohan arrested for DUI again....
- Kylie Minogue comeback song with be very "Cultured...
- Lindsay Lohan bets that she can bed Beckham.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt called "Hippo Hips" on set.
- Kelly Clarkson sinks even deeper.
- Natalie Portman warns that she's going to be very ...
- Monday MILF catfight!!!!!! Maggie Gyllenhaal vs. K...
- Links that are counting the time until "Dexter" re...
- "America's Next Top Model" renewed for 3 more seas...
- Christina Aguilera craves Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
- Jessica Biel loves a cheater.
- "24" elects Cherry Jones as President.
- Do we really want to see a Kate Moss/Pete Doherty ...
- Lindsay Lohan gets dumped by boyfriend for being t...
- Is Angelina Jolie too skinny to have another baby?...
- Simon Cowell to unleash his stink on the world.
- "Mr. Laugh a minute" Robert Smith starts work on C...
- ▼ 07/22 - 07/29 (58)
- ► 2006 (585)