Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Kelly Clarkson's career is in jeopardy.
My earlier post on Kelly Clarkson received some heated responses from some Clarkson fans. I can understand that Kelly has some passionate fans who are 100% behind the singer. But, let's face facts. Fighting with your label & mogul Clive Davis isn't smart. Not having your record company behind your new release is bordering on stupidity. Her tour is cancelled and her single has been a disappointment. Clarkson has had a tough month & her career is in jeopardy. Due to some courageous, yet career threatening choices, Kelly's future looks bleak.
Here's just a small sample of what everyone is buzzing about:
Kelly Clarkson's rough patch continues. Rolling Stone
Kelly's sales are a little idle. "Never Again," the first single from the "My December" CD due out next Tuesday, has made barely a ripple on local radio compared to her previous hits. "We're disappointed," says Tom Poleman, program director of WHTZ (100.3 FM). "She's been a core artist for us with her last several records. She's been a big part of the revitalization of top 40.
"We're still playing 'Never Again,' but the listeners don't seem very excited about it. It's done okay, not great."
"We played it for a while and finally dropped it," says Tom Cuddy, vice president of WPLJ (95.5 FM). "Listener response just wasn't there." NY Daily News
Count Your Blessings: Kelly Newsflash, Kelly: Corporate America made you. Corporate America fostered you. Millions of Americans who play into the hands of Corporate America molded you into a star. I don't see indie-rock, singing/songwriting wannabes being pumped out of the well-oiled American Idol machine anytime soon, so stop being so emo already. You're talented, and yes, may be able to successfully reinvent yourself. But for all of our sakes, stop being such a brat. Stater Online
Kelly Clarkson's industry suicide: Looks like Kelly Clarkson has committed music industry hari-kari by biting the hand that fed her. Kelly, after two successful CD's has become the all knowing, all-powerful OZ. From being a waitress to best selling music artist has transformed her into a music business expert. The Spoof
Kelly Clarkson's Album hits internet early: Clarkson, however, is not a very experienced lyricist. So the pain she is trying to convey on "My December" is often not very effectively rendered. Unlike confessional songwriters like Carly Simon or even Alanis Morissette, Clarkson doesn't have a grasp of metaphor. She is more of an in-your-face songwriter. She also doesn't know when to stop beating a dead horse..... It's clear she's mad, bitter and resentful. But a lot of it seems like high school whining. Isn't art supposed to be about something more than this? Fox
Poor Ticket sales cause Kelly Clarkson to cancel arena tour: But the first single from "My December," the angry rock song "Never Again," was not a huge hit, and while it peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard chart, it quickly fell from the top 10 and is now at No. 17 Ny News
Posted by Geno at 8:09 AM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2015 (718)
- ► 2014 (2531)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
06/17 - 06/24
- Poker anyone?
- Britney Spears to join Cyndi Lauper concert on Jun...
- Stunning and blazing hot interview of Isaiah Washi...
- No Doubt performed 3 songs together last night at ...
- Kelly Clarkson "My December" reviews start pouring...
- Samuel L. Jackson is the ultimate Nick Fury!
- Romney camp reeling over accusations against aide....
- Smashing pumpkins to release 4 different versions ...
- Kelly Clarkson says she's selfish and doesn't want...
- Steve Perry says he's not going to "Journey" back....
- Tony Bennett gets married at 80. Good for him!
- Sports Roundup: Tejada streak in jeopardy.
- Scary Spice says DNA proves that Eddie Murphy is P...
- Is John Krasinski from the Office the new Fletch?
- Links that make even Dick Cheney smile!
- Fire Cubed has been launched!
- Tourists flock to Italy to peek at George Clooney....
- Beyonce hotter in a hot tub.
- Kelly Clarkson in meltdown mode before release of ...
- Paris Hilton's car reposessed.
- Rockin' Obama ringtones?
- Smith's World
- Gisele crushes James Blunt's crush.
- Kelly Clarkson rep denies report.
- Sports Roundup: Sosa hits HR #600 without a corked...
- Jason Wahler thinks he's just like Lindsay Lohan.
- Links that dream to be Lost with Evangeline Lilly....
- Keeley Hazell urges you to turn off.....your light...
- Bush to offer Blair a special envoy position to th...
- Kelly Clarkson camp silent about American Idol tou...
- Rolling Stone reports on Kelly Clarkson/American I...
- Gordon Ramsay of Hell's Kitchen sued for $1 millio...
- Sports roundup: Kevin Garnett trade rumors.
- Links getting the treatment from Keeley Hazell
- Journey redesigns website amid Steve Perry rumors....
- Jack Osbourne had sex with Paris Hilton?
- Bloomberg tells Republicans "Don't call me. I'll c...
- Kelly Clarkson's career is in jeopardy.
- Dennis Kucinich tries to raise 50 million dollars....
- Sports Roundup: Sox/Yanks talk.
- Links hotter than Jennifer Connelly.
- Now magazine calls Danielle Lloyd "chunky".
- A Mitt for all seasons.
- Lionel Richie heckled at wedding reception perform...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Clarkson to appear on upcoming Am...
- Dream Theater has another winner.
- TV Guide is obsessed with Giada's breasts.
- Sports Roundup: An Angel always beats a Tiger.
- Links bordering on fantastic.
- Al Gore says Earth is going to burn while we're al...
- Maybe David Chase was on to something.
- Joss Stone catches Prince William's eye and ear.
- Michelle Marsh is bearing my child.
- Bill Clinton shouts "We're rich bitches!!!".
- Jessica Alba whines about her weight. Women everyw...
- ▼ 06/17 - 06/24 (55)
- ► 2006 (585)