Friday, June 22, 2007
Kelly Clarkson says she's selfish and doesn't want babies. Will she survive clash with record company?
I give Kelly Clarkson credit for being honest and knowing what's best for her.
From Now :
'People tell me when you are 35 you will change your mind, but I don't think so,' she tells the Daily Mail. 'You have to be selfish in this career. I already give so much of my time, I don't know what's left to eke out. 'I would not be a good mother and a lot of people don't realise that until after they have kids.' The pain of childbirth also worries Kelly. 'People say giving birth is a miracle, but I think it sounds horrible,' she admits.
Meanwhile Greg Kot from the Chicago Tribune has an interesting article comparing Kelly to the Dixie Chicks. He also reviews Kelly's "My December" CD: "It's a smartly accomplished pop album, nothing more, nothing less, and it shows Clarkson is going to be around a bit longer than the 15 minutes allotted to even the most celebrated "Idols" contestants.Like the Dixie Chicks, she's probably going to take a hit at the box office. But like her fellow Texans, she's starting to earn something she once lacked: credibility.The key question then becomes: If sales dive, will Clarkson still insist on taking the high road? Or will she even have that choice? " Read the full article at The Chicago Tribune
Posted by Geno at 5:12 PM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- Gulf Coast Fund
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2305)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
06/17 - 06/24
- Poker anyone?
- Britney Spears to join Cyndi Lauper concert on Jun...
- Stunning and blazing hot interview of Isaiah Washi...
- No Doubt performed 3 songs together last night at ...
- Kelly Clarkson "My December" reviews start pouring...
- Samuel L. Jackson is the ultimate Nick Fury!
- Romney camp reeling over accusations against aide....
- Smashing pumpkins to release 4 different versions ...
- Kelly Clarkson says she's selfish and doesn't want...
- Steve Perry says he's not going to "Journey" back....
- Tony Bennett gets married at 80. Good for him!
- Sports Roundup: Tejada streak in jeopardy.
- Scary Spice says DNA proves that Eddie Murphy is P...
- Is John Krasinski from the Office the new Fletch?
- Links that make even Dick Cheney smile!
- Fire Cubed has been launched!
- Tourists flock to Italy to peek at George Clooney....
- Beyonce hotter in a hot tub.
- Kelly Clarkson in meltdown mode before release of ...
- Paris Hilton's car reposessed.
- Rockin' Obama ringtones?
- Smith's World
- Gisele crushes James Blunt's crush.
- Kelly Clarkson rep denies report.
- Sports Roundup: Sosa hits HR #600 without a corked...
- Jason Wahler thinks he's just like Lindsay Lohan.
- Links that dream to be Lost with Evangeline Lilly....
- Keeley Hazell urges you to turn off.....your light...
- Bush to offer Blair a special envoy position to th...
- Kelly Clarkson camp silent about American Idol tou...
- Rolling Stone reports on Kelly Clarkson/American I...
- Gordon Ramsay of Hell's Kitchen sued for $1 millio...
- Sports roundup: Kevin Garnett trade rumors.
- Links getting the treatment from Keeley Hazell
- Journey redesigns website amid Steve Perry rumors....
- Jack Osbourne had sex with Paris Hilton?
- Bloomberg tells Republicans "Don't call me. I'll c...
- Kelly Clarkson's career is in jeopardy.
- Dennis Kucinich tries to raise 50 million dollars....
- Sports Roundup: Sox/Yanks talk.
- Links hotter than Jennifer Connelly.
- Now magazine calls Danielle Lloyd "chunky".
- A Mitt for all seasons.
- Lionel Richie heckled at wedding reception perform...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Clarkson to appear on upcoming Am...
- Dream Theater has another winner.
- TV Guide is obsessed with Giada's breasts.
- Sports Roundup: An Angel always beats a Tiger.
- Links bordering on fantastic.
- Al Gore says Earth is going to burn while we're al...
- Maybe David Chase was on to something.
- Joss Stone catches Prince William's eye and ear.
- Michelle Marsh is bearing my child.
- Bill Clinton shouts "We're rich bitches!!!".
- Jessica Alba whines about her weight. Women everyw...
- ▼ 06/17 - 06/24 (55)
- ► 2006 (585)