Saturday, May 02, 2009
An oddly shaped space boulder appears to show eye sockets and a nose leading to speculation it might be a Martian skull.
Internet forums are full of chatter about the picture, taken by a panoramic NASA camera known as Spirit.
Johansson -- who's said in the past she'd prefer to direct rather than act -- helmed a segment for the upcoming movie "New York, I Love You," a series of intertwined love stories shot by several auteurs, including Brett Ratner and Natalie Portman.
But unfortunately for Johansson, her segment, starring Kevin Bacon and shot in black and white, was deemed "unwatchable," sources said.
"It was really bad, so it was cut," one insider told Page Six. Andrei Zvyagintsev's segment starring Carla Gugino and Goran Visnjic was also cut from the final edit.
But the film's producer, Emmanuel Benbihy, told us Johansson's bit ended up in the scrapheap not because it was bad, but because "the story did not specifically involve an interpersonal relationship, and it was conceptualized to be filmed in black and white -- both of which were extreme departures from the other films."
Benbihy added, "Scarlett presented me with an extremely compelling, albeit unconventional, narrative that appeared as though it would not necessarily conform to the overall approach of the entire collective . . . However, I was very much moved by her vision and I did not want to pass on the opportunity to help her develop it. All that matters to me is the genuine movie language of the author."
He continued: "Scarlett and I nonetheless agreed that a final determination of its appropriateness in the context of the other contributions and the overall story would be best made in the editorial process. And after months of editing . . . I had to admit that there were editorial decisions to be made in the interest of serving the overall narrative and composition that resulted in previously filmed scenes and footage not getting used."
Johansson and Zvyagintsev's "visions" will be shown on the DVD, however.
The worst movie ever made? "Tiptoes" trailer starring Kate Beckinsale, Matthew McConaughey and Gary Oldman as a little person.
This movie is from 2003...but I as a movie buff have never heard of it. Gary Oldman as a little person? WTF? Why not cast a real little person in the role? The trailer opens with Kate ready to pleasure McConaughey orally. Now that will get your attention...This thing looks like such a mess I HAVE to see it.
Marie Claire: Nicole Kidman has launched a strange and rather bitter attack against ex-husband Tom Cruise, accusing him of wanting her to be 'seen and not heard'.Despite having divorced some eight years ago, the pair have tended to keep their feelings about each other quiet, in public at least, but Nicole's latest interview makes it clear exactly how she feels about what went wrong in their marriage. 'I felt I became a star only by association,' she complained to Easy Living magazine. 'We would go to the Oscars and I would think, "I'm here to support him." I felt it was my job to put on a beautiful dress and be seen and not heard.'
Friday, May 01, 2009
Leave it to Sirius/XM radio God Howard Stern to get right to the point. Stern had Hugh Jackman on his show yesterday and talked about the nude scenes that Jackman appears in for "X-Men Originis: Wolverine". Stern asked Jackman if he was nervous to be walking around nude. Jackman stated that he gets tired of the socks and other things that are attached to his groin, so he just decided to hang around nude on the set when the time came. "Do you have a big cock?" Stern asked. "I've had no complaints." Jackman replied with a chuckle. "Are you over six inches?" Stern asked. "Oh ya!" Jackman sheepishly admitted. Stern went on to moan that not only was Jackman famous and great looking, but was very well endowed. "God must love you!" Stern shouted!
In addition to the light moments, Stern asked Jackman questions about his Mother having a nervous breakdown when Hugh was born. Jackman's Mother wasn't around for the first 18 months of his life and left the family 6 years later. Jackman was quite open about the situation and says that he has a good relationship with his Mother these days. Stern also questioned whether Jackman married an older woman because he has unconsciously looking for a Mother figure in his life. Jackman said his Father asked him the same thing when he announced his engagement. Jackman said he loves his wife and her age had nothing to do with his falling for her...Another fantastic and gripping interview from Howard Stern!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
NY Mag: Are you worried about swine flu?
No, because every time I get on an airplane I have a routine. It’s not Airborne. That stuff doesn’t work. What I do is, I cover the inside of my nostrils with anti-bacterial ointment. I’m serious. It’s to block any bacteria from coming in. I’m popping Zicam like it’s candy. And I drink, literally, from L.A. to New York, six bottles of water. One an hour. And then I cryogenically freeze my head for the duration of the flight, just for good measure. No, I’m kidding about that. That would be going too far.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Entertainmentwise: .....the Hills' star is reportedly in talks to strip for Playboy with the blessing of new husband Spencer Pratt. The reality TV couple finally tied the knot for real in a z-list-packed ceremony in Pasadena, California, this past weekend.And Spencer is happy for the world to see rather more of his blushing bride, according to U.S. reports.America's Life & Style magazine claims Heidi is trying to cut a deal worth a whopping $500,000 with Playboy editors.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
"Ultimate Spiderman" writer Brian Michael Bendis tweets about his love of Howard Stern's Sirius show.
Some crazed Lambert fans have started a dictionary that is updated with new suggestions from Adamholics on a regular basis.....
Adam and the Also-Rans - American Idol Season 8 AND The American Idol Tour Season 8 (thanks, maxime!)
Adamafied - To be under Adam's spell. (thanks, AdamLambertRules!)
Adamaholics - those who are addicted to Adam. (thanks, deppfan18!)
Adamanation: We the fans as a community share our love for Adam - the nation of Adam (thanks, AdamLambertRules!)
Adamania - Our behavior, pretty much (: (thanks, lindajean139!)
Adamaniacs - Millions of crazed Adam fans who just can't get enough of his amazing voice and overall sexy style. (thanks, jandalee29!)
Adamation: Our adoration of Adam ;) (thanks, x2chic4youx!)
Adamatoepoeia: any onomatoepoeia used when watching/listening to/reading about Adam [ie groaning because you can never be that sexy (argh), squealing when you see him (squee), etc.] (thanks, kanadianchic17!)
Adamazing - the best way to describe a performance from Adam (thanks, deppfan18!)
Monday, April 27, 2009
US: Hugh Jackman may play a tough mutant superhero on Wolverine -- but he's still not safe from the swine flu virus.
A rep for Twentieth Century Fox confirms to Usmagazine.com the studio is postponing the X-Men Origins: Wolverine premiere -- set for Wednesday in Mexico City -- as the city deals with rapidly spreading swine flu.
The potentially deadly disease -- which has killed nearly 150 people so far in Mexico -- has slowly started appearing in the U.S. Schools, museums and movie theaters across Mexico City are closed to keep the flu from spreading.
"We were not only concerned about Hugh's welfare – and we would never send anyone into harm's way – but we also have an enormous office filled with people we care about," a studio rep tells Us. "There was no point in proceeding under the current conditions."
So are you excited or rolling your eyes?
After a six-year hiatus, multi-platinum selling Orlando-based rock band Creed have returned with a new record tentatively titled Full Circle. "We never felt like we weren't together," says frontman Scott Stapp. "We're not looking at this as a reunion. It's more of a rebirth." Though they stayed in touch through holiday cards and the occasional phone call, the group refrained from recording together in order to, "explore other creative outlets and build the main priority in all of our lives, which is our family," says Stapp.
Indeed, the band has grown up quite a bit, as has Stapp's son Jagger, the muse behind their hit "With Arms Wide Open." "He's not a baby anymore," says the proud papa of the 10-year-old. Stapp now also has a 2-year-old named Milán. Could another hit about his offspring be on the horizon? Quite possibly. He wrote a tune about his daughter as well, simply titled "Milan Song." "She's my twin soul, my light," he says of his little lady. "I do whatever she wants." Stapp, who made the initial push for Creed to get back together, says it was awesome to see all the guys in one room again. "I said, 'I love you and if I've ever caused you any pain in your life forgive me.' And they said the same things right back." With any bad blood dissolved, the guys got back to jamming and planning a summer tour. "We're not trying to stay in a certain place or conform to where we left off," says Stapp. "The music is fresh, edgy, raw, passionate, honest and it rocks." "It's just the right time and we're all excited!"
Katie Holmes talked about her love of indie movies as she arrived at the Independent Filmmaker Project's thirtieth anniversary bash in New York on Sunday. The actress, who is the organization's chairperson, hosted the event.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Firstshowing: I just stepped out of a screening of X-Men Origins: Wolverine on the Fox lot in Los Angeles and before it started, director Gavin Hood stopped by to introduce the film. He spent most of the time thanking us for coming to this screening and seeing Wolverine the way it should be seen, in theaters, and talked about how many difference there were between the final cut and the early leaked version. He then mentioned that Marvel has a tradition of hiding easter eggs in their films, and it's no exception for Wolverine. They've hidden multiple secret endings on different prints and theaters will be showing different versions.
Fox is a bit desperate to try and get people in theaters on May 1st for the opening and this definitely seems like a very unique decision to try and bring people in. While we've seen plenty of easter egg endings, like in Iron Man last year, we haven't seen multiple endings like this in a long time. Hood didn't say how many different endings there would be. As for the other differences between the leaked version and the final cut, Hood explained that there were 400 unfinished visual effects shots and that there was no score, unfinished sound mixing, and unfinished coloring. However, he didn't mention anything about differences in footage.
I will say, quickly, that I enjoyed Wolverine and wouldn't call it great, but liked it a lot more than I was expecting. I think my expectations had been brought down considerably because of all the negative buzz from the leak. However, seeing a finished and polished version was what made all the difference (I never saw the leaked version anyway). As for the secret ending we saw tonight, I'll only say that it featured Deadpool, but I won't say anything more, as I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone. We'll let you know when we hear any more about the secret endings in Wolverine, including how many there are and what they are.
Josh Charles performs Geno's World's theme song!
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (1624)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
04/26 - 05/03
- Video: Zachary Levi is very diplomatic about the p...
- Alien skull spotted on Mars.....it looks like Meli...
- Go on a date with Jessica "Sugar" Kiper from "Surv...
- Video: David Archuleta appears on "Hannah Montana"...
- Scarlett Johansson's directorial debut dubbed "unw...
- The worst movie ever made? "Tiptoes" trailer starr...
- Video: AnnaLynne McCord and Kara DioGuardi talk ab...
- Nicole Kidman talks about her frustration when she...
- Video: The Virgin Mary appears on a griddle.
- Hayden Panettiere is smoking hot at the "Star Trek...
- Video: Model takes spectacular fall on the runway....
- Video: "Star Trek" premiere at the Grauman's Chine...
- Video: Sarah Palin joins Twitter.
- Hugh Jackman tells Howard Stern that he has a larg...
- Video: Kendra Wilkinson tells Holly Madison about ...
- Video: Jay-Z laughs at Chris Brown - Swine Flu jok...
- "Star Trek" and "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto talks...
- Lisa Rinna begged for new "Melrose Place" role and...
- Video: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt remove their...
- Video: Mice attack almost kills nursing home resid...
- Lacey Chabert glows at the "Ghosts of Girlfriends ...
- Video: "Prison Break" star Lane Garrison enters re...
- Video: Rob and Kim Kardashian argue and exchange i...
- Video: "This Ain't Star Trek XXX" trailer.....Oh m...
- Video: No Doubt talks about their new "procrastina...
- Video: Liev Schreiber and Ryan Reynolds talk about...
- Video: Hugh Jackman poses with toddler dressed as ...
- Video: Porn star Sasha Grey talks about her first ...
- "I Want to Work for Diddy 2" casting is open! Appl...
- Video: Big rig truck driver hangs on the back on h...
- Tupac Shakur is still dead. Steve Howe is still al...
- Is Heidi Montag considering a $500,000 offer to po...
- Is Kelly Ripa going to have more babies?
- Video: Cat adopts squirrel and adds it to its litt...
- Video: Deborah Gibson is terrified of swine flu an...
- Video: Tyra Banks and Kim Kardashian exchange big ...
- Video: Adam Lambert's cabaret castmates stage a sh...
- Video: Michael Jackson goes shopping with his kids...
- "Ultimate Spiderman" writer Brian Michael Bendis t...
- GQ releases more sexy Evan Rachel Wood photos.
- Hayden Panettiere's new LG TV ad has her wearing a...
- Video: Hugh Jackman promises Mexico fans a "Wolver...
- Video: Julia Roberts, Steven Spielberg and Adrien ...
- Video: Fish eats cell phone.
- Adam Lambert has inspired his own dictionary!
- Video: Julianne Hough says she's taking a break fr...
- Video: Jennifer Garner interacts with fans at the ...
- Video: "Lost" star Evangeline Lilly compares worki...
- "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" Mexico City premiere po...
- Megan Fox in a corset makes me happy.
- Video: Lunatics ski in their underwear!
- "The Skeptic" horror film trailer starring Tim Dal...
- Kim Kardashian's blonde wig causes chaos. Utter ch...
- Creed reuintes for new album and summer tour.
- Video: Katie Holmes talks about her love of indepe...
- Miley Cyrus insists she's not a slut that is juggl...
- Video: Behind the scenes of "X-Men-Origins: Wolver...
- Video: Jamie Lynn Sigler and Jarry Ferrara out on ...
- Video: Robin has her eggs hatch in her nest next t...
- Video: Jessica Alba gets pulled over by the cops a...
- "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" to have different secre...
- Video: woman hires a stripper to stand in for her ...
- Video: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt get married ...
- ▼ 04/26 - 05/03 (63)
- ► 2008 (3024)
- ► 2007 (1899)
- ► 2006 (585)