Saturday, February 23, 2008
The Black Crowes are lashing out at Maxim magazine for reviewing the band's new album - apparently without actually hearing it first.
The review, published in Maxim's March issue, gives the Crowes' ''Warpaint'' a rating of two-and-a-half stars out of five.
''The writer - who has not heard the album since advance CDs were not made available - wrote what appears to be a disparaging assessment anyway, citing, 'it hasn't left Chris Robinson and the gang much room for growth,''' said a statement on the band's official Web site.
The band's manager, Pete Angelus, said the magazine explained that its review an ''educated guess.''
''It speaks directly to the lack of the publication's credibility,'' Angelus said in a statement. ''In my opinion, it's a disgrace to the arts, journalism, critics, the publication itself and the public. What's next - Maxim's concert reviews of shows they never attended, book reviews of books never read and film reviews of films never seen?''
A representative for the magazine would not confirm or deny to The Associated Press whether the writer actually listened to the album. Instead, Maxim released this statement in response: ''Maxim will continue to provide our readers with information that is important to them, whether it is about fashion, lifestyle, technology, music, movies and more.
Co-starting alongside Sean “P.Diddy” Combs, Stamos reveals how uneasy he was creating his racist character for ABC’s powerful revival of “Raisin in the Sun.”
“You see me sweating and stuff,” he reveals. “It was kind of nerve-wracking!”
John also gushed to “Extra” about his role as the dashing doctor in “ER,” hinting how the writers plan to sex up the drama after a long, cold winter strike.
“It’s just the best job,” he says. “I came from 10 years of saying, ‘Michelle, say poo poo,’ so to get that kind of writing, I feel fortunate. Not that I didn’t love ‘Full House!’”
Looks and fame just weren't enough? Now he's a sweetheart too? Men everywhere gag..................
Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr - who began dating the 'Lord of the Rings' actor last October - remains coy about their relationship but has revealed she thinks highly of him.
She told America's People magazine: "He's a sweetheart and that's all I'm going say. A real sweetheart."
Friday, February 22, 2008
Genesis performing "Dancing With the Moonlight Knight" live in 1973. Peter Gabriel at his finest!
Russell Crowe shops with the family. Celebrity Puke
Moby and.......Natalie Portman???? Celebrity Smack
Milo Ventimiglia and Playboy bunnies. Circus Hour
Paul Abdul's new video is awful! NewsToob
Why is Josh Duhamel still smiling? Televisionista
Lost" star DOMINIC MONAGHAN has signed on to play opposite HUGH JACKMAN in the upcoming 'Wolverine' movie, Variety.com reports.
According to the trade, he'll play a character called Barnell -- a mystery man from Wolverine's past -- who can control energy and electricity.
LIEV SCHREIBER, DANNY HUSTON, TAYLOR KITSCH, WILL.I.AM, LYNN COLLINS, RYAN REYNOLDS and newcomer DANIEL HENNEY round out the cast for the movie, which is shooting in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans.
And in an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air on TV on February 25, Bertinelli acknowledges that both she and guitar hero Van Halen are to blame for the marriage breakdown.
The 47-year-old says, "I cheated. He claims to this day that I cheated first, but I don't know. I don't know about the timing."
The couple has a son, 16-year-old Wolfgang, who is currently on the road with his father's reunited band, Van Halen, having replaced original bassist Michael Anthony.
With friends like these...........
Nothing gets between Fergie and her Calvins................
Fergie is reportedly the new spokesperson for Calvin Klein.
The 'Glamorous' singer - who wore a yellow Calvin Klein gown to the Grammys earlier this month - is said to have signed a deal with the fashion house to front their new advertising campaign.
A company insider said: "Fergie is a perfect fit. She loves Calvin, and he thinks she is beautiful and fun and brings a lot to the brand."
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Young love is cute........
I had an insta-crush on Brian Austen Green," Tori writes.
In fact, she admits in the memoir that she cheated on her first boyfriend with her co-star.
"Brian was the only guy on the show my age. We had something going over the years we worked together. We were always fighting, making up, having fun and hating each other. We were just young."
Johnny is one tough dude. I'm pretty sure he could take me............
Do not mess with the Foo!!
Foo Fighters Fight Marvel: The rock band is susing Marvel Studios for alleged copyright infringement, E! Online reports. The band accuses the studio of using two of their songs for a TV trailer without the band's permission. The band alleges that Marvel used "substantial excerpts" of their songs "Best of You" and "Free Me," in a teaser for the upcoming animated series "Wolverine and the X-Men." In 'The Foo Fighters vs. The X-Men,' we wonder… who would win?! Wolverine might have the claws, but Dave Grohl has a wicked guitar.
Steelheart's "Angel Eyes" video. The lead singer has a bit of range!!
Paris and Nicky Hilton party together! Celebrity Puke
Who is hotter, Reese Witherspoon or Christini Ricci? Celebrity Smack
Aline Nakashma is not ugly. Celebslam
Michael Lohan promises not to stare at Lindsay Lohan's nipples. Circus Hour
George Clooney hates Bill O'Reily! Hollyscoop
Janet Jackson has 2 different Vibe covers. lovebscott
Louise Glover + chair=smoking. NewsToob
Could Bill Clinton be Vice President? Sexy Sandy Says
"Lost" spoliers! Televisionista
MTV should ban her until she's well in the head..........
Monday: The radiant Jordin Sparks will stop by to perform and to give us a 1st Look at her new video, "No Air." If that isn't enough, a man who loves his ladies, Snoop Dogg, will drop by to give us a sneak peek of his latest video, "Life of the Party," and we're going to snitch a look at "Break the Ice," the next music video from a way-under-the-radar performer by the name of Britney Spears. More? OK, how about Ashlee Simpson? Sure! She's going to visit, along with Will Ferrell, Woody Harrelson and Andre 3000, from the new movie Semi-Pro. And to top it off, a Super Bowl-fresh Osi Umenyiora of the NY Giants will be in the TRL studio, too. Score!
Christina Aguilera made an exclusive appearance on Ellen's show to talk about the joys of motherhood. ...And she looked fantastic! Here's a quick look
The 'Umbrella' singer is thrilled after discovering the Caribbean island will declare tomorrow 'Rihanna Day'.
A source said: "She's really flattered. She can't believe she now has her on national day, it's such an honor."
Rihanna will fly out to Barbados to accept the honor and perform a free concert. She will be accompanied on the trip by rumored boyfriend Chris Brown.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Well wishes to one of my heroes! Thanks Bill for the heads up!
Carl Palmer, drummer extraordinaire and founding member of Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Asia and The Carl Palmer Band; has recently had a successful heart operation carried out at an undisclosed hospital. Palmer, 57, had an angioplasty procedure done which is designed to prevent further narrowing of an artery in his heart by insertion of a stent. " I am happy to say the procedure was a complete success and I am already feeling better each day" says Palmer, who is resting before beginning the Asia 2008 World Tour, set to begin in March. "This was a precautionary measure done to ensure my safety. In my case, it was as a result of a hereditary factor, and the physicians involved wanted to make sure every precaution was taken. I am very grateful for their medical expertise and care. With the procedure behind him, Palmer is cleared once again to resume his normal work schedule, which includes tours with both ASIA and his own group, The Carl Palmer Band. Aside from its World Tour launching next month, ASIA will be releasing Phoenix, its first new studio album with the original line-up since 1983.
Everyone is having twins. Ho Hum. Quintuplets? Now that would be something.........
Jessica Alba has just learned she's set to join Jennifer Lopez and become a first-time mum to twins. The sexy Latina is the latest Hollywood star set to join the current twins trend, which was kicked off by Julia Roberts and Marcia Cross and now reportedly includes Angelina Jolie too.
Alba is so excited about the news, she has been letting all her friends know - and one source has blurted the baby exclusive out to U.S. tabloid National Enquirer, along with the due date, June 8.
One friend tells the publication, "Knowing that she's going to have twins has turned Jessica's life upside down. She and (fiance) Cash have had to scrap plans for a one-baby nursery and start all over again."
Although the couple know they're set to become parents to twins, they have no idea about the sex of their babies.
The source adds, "They're not sure whether they want to know the sex of the babies now or wait to be surprised."
All-Star benefit version of "Smoke on The Water" from the early 90s. Chris Squire of Yes, Keith Emerson, Brian May & Roger Taylor of Queen, Geoff Downes of ASIA, Alex Lifeson from Rush, David Gilmour, Paul Rogers and many more!!!
Katherine Heigl on Paris TV. Celebrity pictures
Sharon Osbourne threatens Heather Mills! Celebrity Smack
Celebrity drugs & alcohol weekly! Circus Hour
Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo wedding??? Hollyscoop
Danielle Llyod knows how to use a swimsuit! NewsToob
How well did "Prison Break" fare in the ratings? Televisionista
The site's video still show a man who appears to be Simmons - bassist for the rock band KISS and star of the reality TV show "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels" - having sex with a woman identified as an Austrian babe named "Elsa," a spokesmodel for Frank's Energy Drink. Simmons reportedly endorses the drink.
“I want Santa to come up my chimney because I’ve been a good little girl this year,” Hudgens says.
Nicole Kidman's latest maternity outfit is nothing if not daring.
The Hollywood star stepped out in a bizarre black frock with large sheer panels to promote her film The Golden Compass in Japan yesterday.
The see-through dress momentarily distracted from her emerging bump, which she nursed carefully during the photo call.
Sheryl Crow wants to go to rehab because she thinks it will be good for her career.
The 46-year-old singer - who has just released her sixth album 'Detours' - is desperate to duet with "hot" Amy Winehouse, who picked up five Grammy Awards last week while being treated for her drugs addiction.
Speaking at an intimate show in London, she said: "I want to collaborate with Amy because she's really hot and cool right now."
"I know one song 'Rehab' was very popular particularly because a lot of young people are in rehab as well. In fact I'm thinking about going. It looks like loads of fun and I know my career will benefit from it."
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
The Who perfroming "Eminence Front" live in 1982.
Frankie Muniz & his girlfriend eat out! Celebrity Puke
Steve-O calls Kat Von D a racist and a ho! Celebrity Smack
Kate Beckinsale photos. Nuff said. Celebslam
Marvelous Marleene Klaas! Fire Cubed
Russell Crowe is.....fat. Holy Candy
Alyssa Milano distracts people at the NBA All-Star game! NewsToob
4 year old Robert Irwin bitten by boa constrictor! Sexy Sandy Says
"Terminator" photo shoot! Televisionista
I like Aaron. He's an awesome actor. If Aniston is getting her scabby claws on him, he's ruined. Ruined I say! She's got bad mojo........
At last it seems everyone's favourite friend has something to smile about.
Jennifer Aniston, who turned 39 last week, has apparently been enjoying a romance with her dashing leading man, Aaron Eckhart.
Insiders say the popular actress and Eckhart, who is also the same age, have become inseparable on the set of 'Travelling' in Vancouver, Canada.
NEW VIDEO: ET is with MATTHEW FOX as he gets a first look at his likeness in tiny, toy form!
The Hollywood heartthrob stopped by the Mattel showroom at the annual toy fair in New York city for the debut of the new 'Speed Racer' toys, where he talked about getting back to work on "Lost," playing Speed's arch-nemesis and even politics!
While he says he hasn't chosen a candidate yet, he's very interested in the ongoing political dialogue between all the contenders.
Something tells me it will be a big seller.............
However, only a week after the Aussie star's funeral, a range of The Joker dolls have been revealed by toy giants Mattel. The action figures are set to be marketed alongside the new movie - tipped to be this summer's major blockbuster.
Two versions of the Heath joker doll will hit stores in May - one comes with a rocket launcher and the second is armed with a knife.
A spokesman for the star's family says, "Heath was very proud of his work in the film and his family is aware and supportive of the plans for the movie."
I'm very curious to hear these tracks..................
The multi-tasker – currently on the promotion trail for new movie, The Other Boleyn Girl – is set to unleash her debut album, Anywhere I Lay My Head, on the world in May.
While we’re waiting with baited breath to find out whether Scarlett has learned to sing since last summer, the Lost In Translation star has offered this little gem:
"I learned I was a sexual being through David Bowie's songs.”
Make of that what you will...
Monday, February 18, 2008
Marvel are marketing geniuses...................
Ain't it cool:
Hey, everyone. “Moriarty” here.
Sounds to me like Marvel is going to pack this one with all sorts of geeky Easter eggs if all of these rumors are true. The Blob would be a lot of fun to see in one of these, and there’s another cameo, one that we can officially confirm now, that sounds to me like a set-up for a possible spin-off.
Anyone up for a little DEADPOOL?
How about if Ryan Reynolds is playing him?
This one’s supposed to be a secret, but cat’s out of the bag now, Marvel. And I have to say... I think it sounds like fun. I know this has been a character you guys have been developing for years now (hell, I think I pitched a DEADPOOL film back in 2001), and Reynolds is absolutely the right guy for the job.
Josh Charles performs Geno's World's theme song!
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (722)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
02/17 - 02/24
- Black Crowes say Maxim gave their new CD a bad rev...
- John Stamos talks about playing a racist and getti...
- Orlando Bloom's girlfriend calls him a sweetheart!...
- Links that dance with the moonlight night!
- Dominic Monaghan joins "Wolverine" movie!
- Valerie Bertinelli talks about her cheating and Ed...
- John Waite and Simon Kirke to form new "Bad" super...
- Phillies pitcher talkes about prank that almost se...
- Hillary Clinton gets real and emotional at debate ...
- Jon Stewart talks about the Oscars and Jaaaack!
- Fergie is the new spokesperson for Calvin Klein.
- Tori Spelling talks about her affair with Brian Au...
- 911 caller accuses Cleveland Brown Brady Quinn of ...
- John McCain says he never touched that woman! Don'...
- Michael Mooney's voice is money! Vote for him at "...
- Dave Grohl takes on Marvel and Wolverine!
- Hillary Clinton gets tough!
- Links that have Angel eyes!
- MTV to preview Britney Spears' new video on Monday...
- Paul Schaffer's Rock of Love!!!!!
- Video of Ellen Degeneres drooling over Christina A...
- Rihanna to receive her own holiday!
- Carl Palmer undergoes succesful heart surgery.
- DaNica is an 18 year old veteran "Total Pop Star"!...
- Jessica Alba Twins rumor is lame. What if she were...
- Links that like smoke on the water!
- This Keeley Hazell video has me sweating!
- Will Vanessa Hudgens and Gene Simmons collaborate ...
- Nicole Kidman may have hit her head!
- Sheryl Crow mocks Amy Winehouse's drug addiction!
- I've become addicted to "Making The Band 4".
- Marque Musgrove is a "Total Pop Star" in the makin...
- Links that come to the party dressed to kill!
- Is Jennifer Aniston ruining Aaron Eckhart?
- Princess Di's bodyguard brags about lying on video...
- Matthew Fox takes a look at his "Speed Racer" acti...
- Heath Ledger's family gives thumbs up to Joker dol...
- Scarlett Johansson became a sexual being with the ...
- Barack Obama caught with his "pants down" by Hilla...
- Ryan Reynolds to play Deadpool in new Wolverine mo...
- Krista Nicole is a bubbly "Total Pop Star"!
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie say they will continu...
- Links that are driven out!
- Lindsay Lohan shows off her freakishly small nippl...
- Knight Rider premiere at the Playboy mansion video...
- Daily Show week in review!
- Meaty gets an agent on "Rob and Big"!
- Delaney Beekmans is on her way to being a "Total P...
- Paul McCartney says no to Ozzy Osbourne duet!
- Orlando Bloom caught cuddling Victoria Secret hott...
- Jodie Sweetin is a "Full House"!
- ▼ 02/17 - 02/24 (51)
- ► 2007 (1900)
- ► 2006 (585)