Saturday, November 11, 2006
Steve Hackett has a nice post on his website regarding the Genesis reunion. He wishes his former bandmates the best of luck. He states that he was approached for a complete Genesis reunion with Phil, Mike, Tony & Peter Gabriel. But since Peter bowed out due to his schedule, Steve decided not to join....The reunion is great news, but it is truly a shame that we can't get all 5 together. Life is short! We can still hope....
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Last night's "Lost" was a bit of a downer after being touted by ABC as "The Best Episode"... It was entertaining & had a cool cliffhanger, but I've seen better episodes. Now the show is off the air until February. It will return with 16 straight weeks of new episodes. I'll be there.....And am I the only one that was upset that Kate ended up with Sawyer? And is anyone going to watch Taye Diggs show which is taking "Lost"'s timeslot?
Posted by Geno at 3:48 PM
Last night as I was watching "Lost", ABC promoted it's new show "Show Me The Money" hosted by William Shatner. It's a "Deal or No Deal" ripoff with Shatner hosting instead of Howie Mandel. I kept waiting for the punchline, but it never came. It's a real show. William Shatner hosting a game show while dancing along with his good looking female dancers.
Posted by Geno at 1:20 PM
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
I had a tough decision today. There's a new Britney Spears sex tape that surfaced on the web today. Is it real? A couple of sites are saying yes. I admit that I watched a clip....I'm unconvinced. In any case, it's hot news & would fit in with my blog.....Except I just can't do it. I can't post a picture or link on my blog. I have to draw the line somewhere.....Instead, I give a picture of a cute puppy.
Posted by Geno at 4:00 PM
Journey is offering a special limited edition wine for sale to benefit charity. The wine bottles are signed by the band. www.journeymusic.com
In the rumor mill, I hear that Jeff Scott Soto will be named the official new lead singer of the band shortly. Journey's official site still has no word & has Steve Augeri as the official lead singer...But keep checking the official Journey site for the announcement.......
Posted by Geno at 1:13 PM
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Genesis announced that they are embarking on a European stadium tour next summer. There are no US dates as of yet, but Phil said that there will be 20 US dates to occur after the European dates. Long time touring partners Chester Thompson and Daryl Steurmer are indeed involved. They truly enhance Phil, Mike & Tony's playing on tour and are an integral part of the Genesis live sound.
Good times indeed!
Posted by Geno at 10:52 AM
I haven't posted about Jessica Biel in a bit. So Bruce, here you go. In the first photo, Jessica is dressed up as catwoman for her new Adam Sandler movie. Check out the boots! And yes, what's up with the robe? Damn it. In the next two pictures, Jessica is dressed as herself. That woman can wear a pair of jeans. Holy crap.
Posted by Geno at 10:27 AM
Television never used to be like this when I was a kid. If Salma Hayek stripped down to her bra on Network TV when I was a kid, my brain would have exploded. Thank God, I'm now very mature and can view Salma stripping on "Ugly Betty" and live....Obviously Selma is a marketing genius. Men across the country are setting their Tivos to record "Ugly Betty" just in the hope that Salma will make an appearance again....
And yes here's a link to watch the clip.
You pervert, I'm so ashamed of you!
Monday, November 06, 2006
Things are heating up for tommorow's Genesis press conference. There's a flier on the Genesis site that indicates that indeed the reunion will include Phil, Mike & Tony with Peter & Steve not mentioned. The site also features a picture of the boys in the studio. The tour seems to be called "The turn it on again" tour. A great Genesis tune & the title seems appropriate. Tomorrow will tell more details........
Posted by Geno at 3:27 PM
It's early November & Christmas TV ads are all over the place. If you go into a drug or grocery store, they are filled with Christmas stuff.... I can't stand it. It's way too early....And screw this Happy Holiday crap. Say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Happy Festivus. Political Correctness sucks sometimes....
Posted by Geno at 1:28 PM
Support Geno's World's Favorite Charities
- 9th Ward Field of Dreams
- ALS Association - NY
- AMREF - Mena Suvari
- Apuur.org - Mircea Monroe
- Artists For Peace And Justice - Olivia Wilde
- Best Friends
- Boys & Girls Club of America - Ron Howard
- Cancer Schmancer
- Carroll Center For The Blind
- Catskill Citizens for Safe Energy
- Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation -Stephen Collins
- Frack Action - Mark Ruffalo
- Generation Rescue - Jenny McCarthy
- Global Network
- Got Your Back Network - Dr. Andy Baldwin
- Green Is Sexy
- Grobanites For Charity - Josh Groban
- GROOBS shoes - Charisma Carpenter
- Gulf Coast Fund
- Hillsides - Dr. Drew Pinsky
- HollyRod Foundation
- HorseNet Horse Rescue
- IS Foundation - Ian Somerhalder
- Joyful Heart Foundation - Mariska Hargitay
- Keith Powell - Alyssa Milano Challenge - National Wildlife Federation
- Lili Claire Foundation - Sara Rue
- Loma Linda U Children's Hospital Foundation - Craig Bierko
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Meet Me Halfway - Jimmy Wayne
- Men Stopping Violence
- Moyer Foundation - Sara Rue
- National Adoption Day - Nia Vardalos
- Rally For Kids With Cancer - Julie Benz
- Right Action For Women - Christina Applegate Foundation
- Rockstar Ronan - Charisma Carpenter
- Ronald McDonald House
- Save Our Gulf
- Sheldrick Wildlife - Kristin Davis
- St. Baldrick's Foundation - Sarah Brown
- St. Bernard Project
- Starlight Children's Foundation - Kay Panabaker
- Take Action Hollywood - Maria Menounos
- THARCE-Gulu - Eliza Dushku
- The Thirst Project - Charisma Carpenter
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance - Patricia Heaton
- Think Again
- TwitChange - Eva Longoria
- Waterkeeper - Edward James Olmos
- ► 2014 (2132)
- ► 2013 (3155)
- ► 2012 (4239)
- ► 2011 (6133)
- ► 2010 (6903)
- ► 2009 (5100)
- ► 2008 (3024)
- ► 2007 (1899)
11/05 - 11/12
- No Peter? No Thank you.
- Best episode? Nope
- Really? No, really? Come on, really?
- Let's get ready to rumble
- Just say no
- Make a toast to new lead singer
- I am special
- The boys are back in town
- Jessica, it's been too long
- I feel so shallow
- Let the setlist debate begin now....
- Bah! Humbug!
- Michelle Marsh Makes Mondays Memorable
- ▼ 11/05 - 11/12 (13)